BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
Massage is one of the oldest, natural forms of therapy and is a system of stroking, pressing and kneading the body's soft tissues (muscles, tendons & ligaments) to relax, relieve pains & aches, stimulate, and tone the body.Massage can be applied directly to the skin using oil as a medium, or directly over clothing.
Massage therapy is an important component for a healthier lifestyle that goes beyond just relaxation. It extends beyond the session to help you relax, re-align and rejuvenate. More people are turning to massage to provide relaxation and relieve the tension associated with the daily stresses of their lives.
Stress is proven to cause disease. By receiving regular massage therapy we can lessen that stress and keep the body healthy.
Massage may aid our health by:
- Releasing the body’s natural painkillers, serotonin and endorphins, that combat stress.
- Boosting the immune system by stimulating lymph flow and increasing both white blood cells and natural killer T-cells immune cells) that attack viruses and other foreign pathogens.
- Improving circulation leading to the increased transportation of vital oxygen & nutrients throughout the body
- Relax & soften tired overused muscles offering relief from aching & pain
- Help alleviate back pain
- Promote greater joint & muscular flexibility
- Aid the toning of the muscles
Massage may help:
- Improve the overall condition of the skin
- Promote the healing of post surgical adhesions & reduce swelling
- In the reduction of scar tissue & stretch marks
Massage may help the mind by:
- Allowing you quiet time & space to relax
- Seeking to rebalance the body
- Promoting sleep & relieving anxiety/depression
Massage can have a beneficial and balancing effect on all the systems of the making it the ideal treatment for soothing away stress, promoting inner calm and a sense of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.